Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mini-Size Carrot Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

Got bored so used box carrot cake to make a batch of mini cupcakes. I enjoyed decorating the cupcakes but I'm not happy at all with how they turned out or the whole baking experience. First failure is the frosting. I wanted to use a piping bag on the frosting but couldn't. The frosting was too soft and didn't hold up well using a star tip. Second I found the frosting recipe online and didn't make note of the recipe number so now I can't leave feedback. Third is my mini cupcake pan. It's a weird shape and doesn't hold a standard mini cupcake paper well. You can't see the detail in the pics, but if you look at the cupcake it spreads out on the top. This is because my mini pan isn't deep enough. I'll probably get a new one eventually.



As you can see below, there is no definition to the frosting. I wanted my cupcakes to look like the ones that come from a bakery. These did not.




1 comment:

z said...

Geez, don't be so hard on yourself. These mini-cupcakes are adorable and your effort did not go in vain. I'm sure that whoever at these thought they looked terrific. Keep up the good work!